- Wash your hands before touching your new tattoo.
- Remove your bandage after 2 or 3 hours and gently rinse off any excess ointment with lukewarm water. If your bandage sticks to your skin, do not pull it. Simply hold it under running water and it should easily come off.
- Wash your tattoo gently with your fingers twice a day using an unfragranced, undyed, mild bar soap such as Ivory or Dove. Do not scrub your tattoo with a washcloth.
- Let your tattoo air dry or pat it gently with a clean towel to dry.
- Make sure your sheets are clean and you wear something loose-fitting, such as an old clean t-shirt in case there is any ink seepage. If your shirt sticks to your tattoo, simply hold it under running water and it should easily come unstuck.
- Tattoos heal like a bad sunburn. Allow them to get dry and flake off. This is totally normal.
- If your tattoo develops a hard scab or starts cracking or bleeding, feel free to use a thin layer of plain white hand lotion to ease any irritation.
- Do not over-moisturize. Apply moisturizer once or twice daily, as needed. Do not use heavy skin lotions until your tattoo is fully healed (approximately 3-4 weeks. May vary).
- No heavy soaking, swimming, or tanning for approximately 3 weeks after getting tattooed.
- When your tattoo is healed, use a sunscreen (SPF 70 or above) to keep the tattoo looking vibrant.
- If your tattoo needs a touch-up, simply come to the shop and talk to the artist who did the tattoo. Please wait at least 1 month after receiving the tattoo to schedule a touch up so that the tattoo has time to fully heal.
- We guarantee our tattoos unless they are on your hands or feet, in which case you may receive one free touch up 2 months after the initial tattoo.
**At first sign of infection, seek physician or (for mouth tattoos) dental consultation.**
Please don’t hesitate to call us or stop in with any further questions (815) 893-4655
Congratulations on your new tattoo!